Wednesday, March 22, 2023

IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT

 

March 22nd

 

“In the Still of the Night”

 

 

In the still of the night

Is when it comes to mind

Of what has transpired

The memories of what I once was

The reality of what I am

And the flickering hopes of what I can still become

 

It isn’t easy to have so much taken away

To turn disaster into sun’s shining rays

When all the world keeps revolving

While your life is dissolving

And there’s not a kind word left at your door

There’s no time for understanding

The whole world is in a whirl

 

The whole world is in a hurry

But where they are going I cannot say

Me, I am going to take my time

After all, we are all going to die

 

You might as well take your time

And keep your goals and  dreams in sight

Don’t get lost in that human cobweb

People will hurt you and leave you in a fright

Yes baby, it all comes to mind in the still of the night

 

I’ve lost many a battle in the last few years

But as long as I’m alive, I haven’t lost the war

I’ve lost many of my physical abilities

But I still got the talent to make me soar

And if my life ever becomes ground

On the hopes and dreams of which it was found

 

Baby, it will still be there in the still of the night

 

 

7/01/1980       Robert  P.  Wallman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment