Tuesday, August 15, 2023

A TREMENDOUS WILL TO LIVE

 

August 15th

 

“A Tremendous Will to Live”            (  Dr. Chakravorty  )

 

 

I saw a Doctor, a gastroenterologist in Palm Beach Florida, one time.  My stomach

Was blown out to about 45 inches, like it gets sometime.  I was in tremendous pain.

He read my medical history about all my abdominal operations.  He said, “you must

Have a tremendous will to live.”

 

That I do.  Because every time I want to quit, I remind myself of all those years ago

When I had no chance to live, and I remember what I said:

 

            “I don’t think God wants me to die, but if he does, there must be a reason.   And

            If I do die, please bless my Father, my Mother, Terri, and Mary, my friends and

            My work.  Because it would be harder on them than it would be on me.  I would be

            Gone.  But if God wants me to live, I would live for my family, my friends, and

            For all people everywhere.”

 

I woke up a week later alive.

 

I see my job as keeping my word to God and bringing as much love to others as humanly

Possible.

 

 

Respectively submitted,

 

Robert P. Wallman

8/23/07

 

 

Today is the feast of the Assumption.   When I lived in Bellevue, Pa.,

I went to Mass there every day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment