Saturday, August 5, 2023

THE SUNDAY MORNING SRENITY

 

August 5th

 

“The Sunday Morning Serenity”

 

 

Awakening in the morning and feeling so much peace

I never felt so good

I never felt so complete

It’s the Sunday morning serenity that makes me feel this way

It’s the Sunday morning serenity that always makes my day

For on Sunday morning there’s no where to go

There’s no one to see

There’s nothing else that matters

But you and me

 

It seems I’m looking for a reason to pull me through to the next day

I’ve searched all the seasons

And am looking in all that I do

But the world doesn’t often ring the bells of truth

And I just have to find it

And put it in my life to stay

 

Looking out my window and what do I see

People all dressed up and on their way to worship

But that’s not the way it is for you and for me

For it’s these Sunday mornings when we find ourselves alone

And much of our inner feelings are revealed

And we find the courage to let it show

 

These moments of idleness and peace

They surely do not come often

And we need them to soften

The blows we feel throughout the week

 

So it’s the Sunday morning serenity

I look to throughout the week

It’s the Sunday morning serenity that makes me so feel so good

And make me feel complete

It’s the Sunday morning serenity that leaves me in my peace

Thank God for the Sunday morning serenity

It’s everything I live for

It’s everything I need

I just don’t think I could live without

The Sunday Morning Serenity

 

 

3/22/1981        Robert  P.  Wallman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment