Thursday, July 15, 2021

GOD AND THE CONCERNED FRIEND

 

 

 

 

GOD AND THE CONCERNED FRIEND

 

When we are feeling low=

WHEN we are frightened

Or discouraged

 

There in NOTHING like

Having God

In our corner

 

There is nothing like

Having that CONCERNED FRIEND

REACHING OUT

And expressing concern

And a willingness to COMFORT US

 

Just the EXPRESSION of concern

Can help us

EASE OUR PAIN

 

“I am CONCERNED about you

And about the way

You are being

Treated in Egypt                                                                                               Exodus 3:16

 

Recently I was feeling

CONCERNED about my computer

And my health

 

A number of people

EXPRESSED CONCERN=for me

Which I really appreciate

 

And a few people=

WITHOUT MY ASKING

Even sent me nominal checks=

I was so VERY TOUCHED

With the LOVE

And all the CONCERN

 

So there is a NEW COMPUTER

On order=and I am touched

By the LOVE OF GOD

And the CONCERN of all of you

 

GOD AND THE CONCENED FRIEND

 

“I would like you

To be free=FROM CONCERN

 

An unmarried man

Is CONCERNED about

The Lord’s affairs--------

How can he-

Please the Lord”                                                                                      1 Corinthians 7:32

 

“…….so that

There should be no division

In the body

 

But that its parts

Should have EQUAL CONCERN

For each other”                                                                                       1 Corinthians 12:25

 

“Besides everything else

I face daily=the pressure

 

Of my CONCERN

For all the churches”                                                                              2 Corinthians 11:28

 

There is nothing

In this world

LIKE THE CONCERN

Of our Loving God the Father

 

Or the concern =and LOVE

Of a friend

Or loyal family member

 

And the Lord=heard

The sufferings of his people

Enslaved in Egypt

 

His emissary was MOSES=

Who was sent

To tell the people

The Lord CARED about them

And how

They were being treated

 

And I am touched

By the CARE AND LOVE

Of all of you

You are my EMISSARY

 

That CONCERNED family member

And friend=who care about me

And I love you all DEARLY

 

“What is mankind

That you are mindful of them

Human beings=that you

CARE about them?”                                                                                      Psalm 8:4

 

“The righteous CARE

About justice=

For the poor

 

But the wicked

Have no SUCH CONCERN”                                                                    Proverbs29:7

 

Yes=dear friends

There is nothing

LIKE THE CONCERN

And care=of a FRIEND

 

Dear Lord=help me to be GENEROUS

When I am called

To EASE the burden of someone else

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the name=of our ever GENEROUS GOD

 

Robert P. Wallman

7-15-2021

 

 

Ps       INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson

 

 

And thanks to all who have helped me with YOUR COMPUTER SKILLS

You are MUCH APPRECIATED TOO=LOVE you all very much

No comments:

Post a Comment