Friday, November 11, 2022

NOT FOR SALE

 

 

 

NOT FOR SALE

 

The word of God

Is not for sale

The Bible says it

Over and over again

 

And even if it doesn’t

My heart tells me

That that is so

 

People tell me

That my poems

Could bring me money

That they are inspiring

 

If that is so

It is only

Because of the grace of God

And God

Putting his spirit upon me

 

God knows

That I need the money

But God

Has provided for me all along

 

So if these

Really are words of the spirit

If these

Really are words of God

They belong to the world

And they are free

 

God knows

That I need the money

Without my Sister Terri

I wouldn’t even have

A roof over my head

 

So while

I really need money

So while

I really need support

 

These are

Words from God

 

AND THEY ARE FREE

 

Robert P. Wallman

3-7-11 and 11-13-2022

No comments:

Post a Comment