Tuesday, July 25, 2023

FOREVER GRATEFUL=FOR OUR GRANDPARENTS

 

FOREVER GRATEFUL!=

(For Our GRANDPARENTS)

 

We are BLESSED=if

We have GOOD FAMILIES=

That leaves us=A CIRCLE OF LOVE

 

I had=the greatest of

FAMILIES=sisters=and some

GREAT GRANDPARENTS TOO=we are BLESSED

If we have that=I WAS FORTUNATE=to know

SOME of my grandparents=and I am=we are

FOREVER IN THEIR DEBT!

FOREVER GRATEFUL!=for my grandparents

For my family

 

“I have heard the GRUMBLING=

Of the children of Israel”                                                                                                  Exodus 16:12

 

Today we CELEBRATE=the feast

Of Jesus’ grandparents=

Saints Joachim and Anne=Mary’s father and mother

 

It makes me WONDER=IF

Jesus knew his grandparents=and

What kind=OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIP they had

 

I would venture to GUESS=that

They had a=REALLY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP

BASED on Jesus’ relationship=with his MOTHER

 

And that he was=FOREVER GRATEFUL

For his grandparents=Joachim and Anne

FOREVER GRATEFUL!=for his grandparents

Giving thanks always

 

“Enter his gates=WITH THANKSGIVING

And his courts=with praise=GIVE THANKS

To him=and praise his name”                                                                                               Psalm 100:4

 

“BUT THANKS=be to God=who

Always leads us=as captives=in

Christ’s triumphal procession=and uses us

To spread the aroma

Of the knowledge of him everywhere”                                                                      2 Corinthians 2:14

 

I love everyone=and I

PARTICULARLY=love my family

MY GRANDPARENTS TOO!

 

I was particularly CLOSE=

To my mom’s dad=PATRICK MURPHY

When I was young=going on SEVEN

HE DIED

 

“The Lord is CLOSE=to the brokenhearted

And saves those=who are=crushed in spirit”                                                                          Psalm 34:18

 

“I will bring him near=and he will

COME CLOSE TO ME”                                                                                                           Jeremiah 30:21

 

ONE DAY=my first grade teacher

CALLED my mom=and said=

“What is WRONG=with Bobby?=He

Is acting like=he just LOST=HIS BEST FRIEND”

 

“My mom=said “He did=

MY FATHER JUST DIED”

 

I used to SIT on his lap=and he

WOULD TELL ME STORIES

 

I loved all=of my grandparents

BUT THIS MAN=lives in MY HEART

To this very day=I STILL REMEMBER HIM!

 

And so TODAY=as we honor Jesus

And his grandparents=Joachim and Anne

 

Let us REMEMBER=our own grandparents

And all grandparents=and the SPECIAL ROLE

They play=IN OUR FAMILIES=and their LOVE

FOREVER GRATEFUL!=for our grandparents

 

In 2023=GRANDPARENTS DAY=is  September 10th

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the NAME of the HOLY FAMILY=as well as our Holy Father God

Who lives FOREVER WITH Jesus!

 

Robert P. Wallman

7-11-2023

 

 

Ps         INSPIRED=by an article=IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE=by Fr. Dennis Gallagher, A.A.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment