Wednesday, July 19, 2023

TAKE SOME TIME!=TO REST IN JESUS

 

TAKE SOME TIME=

(TO REST IN JESUS)

 

Life WAS NOT MEANT=to be

All work=Jesus told us=TO REST

On the Sabbath day

 

And he also told us=

TO COME TO HIM=if

We are in need=OF REST

 

Jesus RESTED=Jesus took TIME

To rest=and PRAY=with his Holy Father God

We should do it too

TAKE SOME TIME=to rest today

IN the Good Lord Jesus Christ

 

“For six days=work

Is to be done=but=is a day of

SABBATH REST=holy to the Lord”                                                                                        Exodus 31:15

 

“COME to me=all you=who are weary

And burdened=and

I will=GIVE YOU REST”                                                                                                       Matthew 11:28

 

Matthew probably felt=PERSONALLY GRATEFUL

To the Lord=for he was=now DONE

With the tax collecting business=for Rome=DONE

With this heavy burden

 

And who among us=Doesn’t

Want to be HANGING OUT=with the Lord

 

FREEDOM from our earthly responsibilities=

Freedom from=all the things

THE WORLD=Lays upon our shoulders

 

“This is what the Lord says’=

‘Stand at the crossroads=and look=ask

For the ancient paths

 

‘Ask where the good way is=and

Walk in it=and you will

FIND REST=for your souls’”                                                                                                 Jeremiah 6:16

 

WHEN we come=to the Lord

We find HELP=for our spirit=we find

A WAY to=TRUE FREEDOM and peace

In Jesus

 

“Take my yoke=upon you

And learn from me=for

I am gentle=and humble=in heart

AND YOU WILL FIND REST=for your souls”                                                                              Matthew 11:29-30

 

This 21st CENTURY WORLD=

Can WEAR US DOWN=it can

Take OUR HOPE AWAY

 

I don’t know about you=but

When I=TAKE SOME ALONE TIME

And spend it with Jesus

 

I FEEL HOPE=I feel more rested

I feel restoration=TAKE SOME TODAY

To rest in Jesus

 

He restores me=BACK to

THE LAND OF THE LIVING

I hope=Jesus restores you too

 

“RESTORE to me=the joy=of your salvation

And grant me=a willing spirit

To sustain me”                                                                                                                              Psalm 51:12

 

“Brothers and sisters=if someone

Is caught in a sin=you who live

By the SPIRIT=SHOULD RESTORE=that person gently”                                                                 Galatians 6:1

 

So bring your health burdens=BRING

Your financial burdens=and your

RELATIONSHIP BURDENS=to the Lord

 

TAKE SOME TODAY=to REST

In Jesus=and RESTORE yourself today

 

In Jesus’ name=and IN the name=of our Holy father GOD=who helps us

CARRY=all of our burdens

 

 

Robert P. Wallman

7-06-2023

 

 

Ps         INSPIRED=by an article=IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE=by Miguel Dulick

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment