Wednesday, July 5, 2023

THE ROCK OF OUR LIFE

 










THE ROCK OF OUR LIVES



WHO or what

Is the ROCK

Of your life


The anchor-the staple-

the center that

BINDS everything together


That entity

From which

ALL things flow


That entity

That makes all

Other things GO


For me

I think

It has always been GOD


And on a conscious level

I KNOW it has been God

Since I was 22


And then, of course,

FAMILY, friends, and churches


I could NOT

Have survived this long

Without any of the above


And some might say-NOW-

NOT only surviving

But thriving


BECAUSE OF GOD

The ROCK of my life

(and because of family, friends, and church)


“I love you-O Lord-

My strength


O Lord

My rock

My fortress

My deliverer”                                                                  Psalm 18:2-3


We live

In unstable times


There are many things

Demanding our time and attention


And times

Seem to be becoming

A little more UNCERTAIN

Every day


This is WHY

We need our ROCK-

OUR GOD

A little more every day


“MAY these words

Of my mouth


And this meditation

Of my heart


Be PLEASING

In your sight

Lord-MY ROCK-

And my REDEEMER”                                                   Psalm 19:14


OUR Lord

OUR God

THE ROCK of our lives


Sometimes our paths

Are rocky and are painful


That even making it

Through another day

Seems NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE


But we can do it

WHEN God

 Is the ROCK

Of our lives


“PROCLAIMING

The Lord is upright


He is MY ROCK

And there is no wickedness

In him”                                                                           Psalm 92:15


God wants to be

THE ONE

We lean on


The one

Who KEEPS us

Standing strong


He wants to be

THE ROCK

Of our lives


“For they drank

From the spiritual rock

That accompanied them

And that ROCK

WAS CHRIST”                                                            1 Corinthians 10:4


GOD ENCOURAGES us

To develop

A relationship with him

And to make him

The FOUNDATION of our lives


We become more grounded

And stable


Let us ALL

Look to make God


THE ROCK OF OUR LIVES


Robert P. Wallman

8-7-15 and 12-11-12-18 and 4-27-28-20 and 7-05-2023



Ps    INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Julia Walsh, F.S.P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment