Thursday, January 17, 2019

GOD'S GIFT OF WEAKNESS


















GOD'S GIFT OF WEAKNESS




Did you ever stop
And think


That maybe your greatest weakness
Is also
YOURGREATEST STREGTH


Maybe the thing
That gives you
The GREATEST perspective
In this life


And that by
LEARNING from our weakness
That maybe we can HELP OTHERS
-Actually TEACH OTHERS


How to avoid
LIFE'S greatest traps
The things that
Take most people down


I KNOW
That that was the case
With Saint Paul


“IF I must boast
I will boast\
Of the things
That SHOW my weakness” 2 Corinthians 11:30


“I will rather
BOAST most gladly
Of my weaknesses


In order
That the POWER of Christ
May dwell with me” 2 Corinthians 12:9


Paul expresses
What his own experiences
Taught him


NATURAL weakness
Doesn't stop God


In fact
The opposite is true


The more imperfect
That we are
The GREATER the work
God can do through us


How about that
For a paradox


The greatest weakness
That you have in life
IS ALSO your greatest strength


I want to ECHO
The above thought
And the words
And teachings of Paul


WHEN I came
So close to death
WHEN I was 22


And when the illness
Became chronic


Like Saint Paul
I became
TOTALLY DEPENDENT on God


I could no longer
Run five miles a day
Or lift weights
Like I once could


But over time
I learned
TO RELY ON GOD


And now—today
MY STRENGTH
Is totally dependent on him


“In the SAME WAY-
The SPIRIT
HELPS US-in our weakness


We do NOT KNOW
What we ought to pray for


But the spirit himself
INTERCEDES for us
Through wordless groans” Romans 8:26


I learned how PRECIOUS
life is


And NOT to throw it away
Or let anyone-or anything
Take it from you


It is a GIFT FROM GOD
NOT to be
Taken for granted


So take it
From the GREAT SAINT PAUL
And take it
From me
BOTH-humble servants-of the Lord


In our weakness
GOD'S LOVE can be
MOST POWERFULLY SHOWN


To a world
That is STARVING for love


Dear Lord-WE humbly pray
USE our weakness
To FILL the world
WITH YOUR LOVE


Robert P. Wallman
6-27-15




INSPIRED by an article in Living Faith Magazine by Amy Welborn






Ps 1-17-18-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment