Wednesday, January 30, 2019

KEEPING THE PASSION FOR GOD




















KEEPING THE PASSION FOR GOD




We should feel lucky
WHEN we feel
A PASSION
For anything in life


When I first started
With my passion for God
It was easy to FIND
And easy to keep on going


But as years come
And years go
It is NOT always
So easy to keep
The passion going


EVEN PASSION FOR GOD


We have stronger
And we have weaker periods
WHEN we have to fight
For every inch of passion


“........they themselves
Got into the boats
And came into Capernaum
Looking for Jesus” John 6:24


I MARVEL
At the people's effort
To find Jesus
After he moved on


The PASSION
To FIND
The ONE who inspired
And filled themselves
With HOPE


I wonder
If they were able
To KEEP their passion
For God


Long after Jesus moved on


HOW about you
Are you able to keep
Your passion for God


“For the GRACE of God
Has appeared
That offers SALVATION
To the people


It teaches us to say
“NO” to ungodliness
And worldly passions


And to live self-controlled
Upright and godly lives
In the present age


While we wait
For the BLESSED HOPE
The APPEARING of the GLORY
Of our GREAT GOD and Savior-
Jesus Christ” Titus:2:11-13


And teaches us to say “YES”
to KEEPING THE PASSION
FOR GOD


And yes
To whatever the work
We have to do
To keep this passion


I KNOW
In my own case
It takes an HOUR OF PASSION
Of prayer every morning


And a ROSARY


And some type
Of writing almost every day


I know sometimes
I don't want to pray
For irritating people


I know
There are some days
WHERE I don't feel like praying
At all


But that is EXACTLY
What we must do
And exactly WHEN
WE must do it


We must get back
INTO THE BOAT
And go looking for Jesus
In order to


KEEP THE PASSION FOR GOD




Robert P. Wallman
8-1-15


Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.




1-30-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment