Tuesday, January 15, 2019

THE LORD IS NEAR=OUR DIVINE RESCUER




















THE LORD IS NEAR:
OUR DIVINE RESCUER




WHEN I think
About my life
It is a wonder
That I have ever lived
To be this old


But I know
The Lord has always
Been with me-WITH US


He is MY
He is OUR DIVINE RESCUER
And he is always
NEAR TO US


“Had not the Lord
Been with us........” Psalm 124:1


“The Lord is CLOSE
To the brokenhearted


And SAVES those
Who are crushed in spirit” Psalm 34:18


The Lord is NEAR:
He is my DIVINE RESCUER


He was with me
As a teenager
When I jumped out


Over some rocks
Into the Ohio river
And barely missed the rocks


He was with me as a teenager
WHEN a friend was drinking and driving


And we wound up
In the gully of the freeway
Facing the wrong way


And he has been with me
Through six operations
(Three life and death)
And throughout my chronic illness


And yet=HERE I still stand


He is close to me
HE IS MY DIVINE RESCUER


And if you think about it
I am sure you realize
He is yours too


“HE TRUSTS the Lord,”-they say
“Let the Lord rescue him” Psalm 22:8


And he has
OVER and over again


And I am sure
He has done
The SAME for you
If you stop and think about it


“The Lord
WILL RESCUE his servants
No one


Who takes refuge in him
Will be condemned” Psalm 34:22


“Then the Lord
KNOWS how to rescue
The godly from trials


And to hold the unrighteous
For punishment
On the day of judgment” 2 Peter 2:9


The Lord is near
HE IS OUR DIVINE RESCUER


Have you ever thought
What might have happened
To you
Had not the Lord been with you


I have
And I know
IF not for him
I would not be
In this world any longer


BLESSED BE God
Who never leaves us


We thank God
Who is with us
Through every trial


Dear Lord-we pray-IN THANKSGIVING
For being NEAR to us
And being OUR DIVINE REDEEMER and RESCUER
ALL the days of our life


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
10-20-15




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jennifer Christ




1-15-16-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment