Friday, January 4, 2019

REMAINING PATIENT WITH THE PLANS OF GOD




















REMAINING PATIENT
WITH THE PLANS OF GOD


God has a PLAN
For ALL of us
That much I know


I have seen it
And felt it
IN my own life


It can be
A wild ride
While we are waiting
To see God's plans
For our own life


“BUT they soon
Forgot his works;


They waited
NOT for his counsel” Psalm 106:13


It is HUMBLING
To feel weak
In the presence
Of someone else's
Strength and power


This psalm
Is spoken of the Israelites
In the dessert


UNHAPPY that they feel
So weak
Before the Canaanites'
Strength and power


It is easy
To sympathize
With their unhappiness and impatience


No one likes
To feel small and weak


And isn't that
The way for us
When we begin
To feel IMPATIENT with God


When our plans
For our own life
Isn't happening fast enough


“A person's wisdom
YIELDS PATIENCE” Proverbs 19:11


I used to tell
My dad
God has a plan
For all of us


Even when he was diagnosed
With Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma


My dad would just wryly smile
And say:


“I WISH
He would come up
With a new plan”


He was sick
For two years
BEFORE he passed on


And he would often say:


“I'm offering up
My suffering
For the poor souls
In purgatory”


I wish we all
COULD remain that patient


I think it would be
A BETTER WORLD


But like
The Israelities
We grumble
And become IMPATIENT with God


“Being strengthened
With all power
According to his glorious might
So that you may have
GREAT endurance and PATIENCE” Colossians 1:11


What a difference
HAVING PATIENCE
In our lives make


I think having patience
Having FAITH in God's PLAN
Makes us more actively engaged
In life


Like my dad
It HELPS us become
MORE AWARE of the love
Within the suffering


And more committed
To the POWER OF LOVE in life


And actually living it


Dear Lord-WE PRAY


We have not forgotten
ALL you have done for us
In life


Please HELP US
To REMAIN PATIENT
For the plans you have for us
IN LIFE


AND FULFILLING THEM


Robert P. Wallman
8-4-15




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mary Marrocco


1-4 & 5-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment