Wednesday, December 8, 2021

THREE BEST FRIENDS

 

December 9th

 

 

“Three Best Friends”

 

 

My Mother always said she had three best friends in her life.

 

There was Aunt Betty, my Dad’s cousin.  Her and my Mom shared everything, and as

They grew up, Aunt Betty and her family and our family were often together.  Aunt

Betty was loyal, kind, sincere, and full of love.  But she could be tough when she

Needed to be.

 

Then there was Aunt Karen, my Uncle John’s wife.  Karen grew up in a little town in

West Virginia, called Franklin.  We spent all our holidays with John & Karen and

Their family growing up.  We all had so much fun together, it was unbelievable.

They were kindred spirits.

 

Then there was my Mom’s friend, Diane.  Diane worked with my Mom.  She was 24

Years younger than my Mom.  She has remained my Mom’s friend, and our family’s

Friend long after my Mom has quit working.  Even though we now live a 1000 miles

Away, she still calls a couple of times a week.

 

A couple of honorable mentions to Ella and Carole Lee.  Ella was the woman that hired

My Mom when she went back to work for the billing department of the hospital.  Carole

Lee was a woman my Mom worked with .  Both became family friends.

 

Ella has been gone for over twenty years now.  And we no longer have much contact

With Carole Lee, but we hear bits and pieces about her through Diane.

 

For my Mom’s friends, here’s to you.

 

 

8/03/07            Robert P Wallman

 

 

Today is my Aunt Karen’s birthday.  Outside of my sisters, and 4 nieces, she is

Probably the closest person that I have left in this world. I have known Karen

Since I was about 10 years old.  So many memories, I wouldn’t know where

To start.

 

I love you Karen.  You will be in my heart forever,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment