Friday, December 15, 2023

A BIRTHDAY THOUGHT=THAT INNER YOU!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

January 19th

 

“A Birthday Thought--That Inner You”

 

 

Another year comes, another year goes

Has another year just passed us by

Or do we have something to show

 

If someone asked me tomorrow,  I would say I know you

But then if I stop and think, I wonder if that is really true

I think about a long time ago

When you were younger and starting out on your own

I think about that inner you

About your hopes and dreams

I wonder if you had a plan

And if you knew who you were

And where to go, because it does seem

A person never gets anywhere

Without a special dream

 

I’ve listened to you talk and observed you in the things you do

But I always get around to thinking, about that inner you

I wonder how you handled your trials and tribulations

And how you fought through those dreadful fears

When they were threatening  that special dream

 

Perhaps there was a friend bringing you good cheer

Spurring you on a little to try to continue to care

Or lending you a shoulder to cry on

So you could shed your tears

 

I know this is your birthday

And I’m wishing you well my very own way

If someone asked me tomorrow, I would say I know you

But I can only know the outer you

And this is my way of getting you to think

About where you were a long time ago

About what you have to show

And --oh yea--if for only one special day

About the inner you

 

 

11/5/1980        Robert  P.  Wallman

January 19th

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment