Thursday, October 27, 2016

TALENT AND BOASTING

WITNESS 2-19-13 TALENT AND BOASTING We ALL have talent Some kind of talent Oh YES you do Oh yes I do And we are To use that talent Consider the parable of the talents Discussed in Matthew 25 “Again-it will be Like a man Going on a journey Who called his servants And entrusted his property to them To the one He gave five talents of money To another Two talents And to another one talent Each according to his ability Then he went On his journey” But this parable Is not about money It is About OUR relationship to God And to others The man who was given 5 Made five more The man who was given 2 Made two more And the one with 1 Dug a whole And buried his master’s money To the first two The master replied “Well done-good and faithful servant You have been faithful With a few things I will put you In charge of many things Come and share Your master’s happiness” And to the one Who buried his talent He said, “You wicked lazy servant So you know that I harvest Where I have not sown And gather Where I have not scattered seed Well then YOU should have put my money on deposit With the bankers So that when I returned I would have received it back With interest” Well I want To share in my master’s happiness And I Do not want to be called “wicked” and “lazy” HOW about you? And if I Am lucky enough To have any success I want to Boast ONLY in the Lord For ALL talent Comes from him “My soul will boast In the Lord Let the afflicted hear and rejoice” Psalm 34:2 I will NOT speak of my talent I will boast ONLY in the Lord “Therefore As it is written “Let him who boasts Boast in the Lord” 1 Corinthians 1:31 It is not I It is him (God) And it is NOT me It is we (all)-it is us “For it is by grace You have been saved Through FAITH-and this not from yourselves It is the GIFT OF GOD NOT by works So that NO ONE can boast For we are God’s workmanship Created in Christ Jesus To do good works Which God prepared In advance For us to do” 1 Corinthians 2:8-10 USE YOUR TALENT And remember It is not I or me But it is-it is-HIM AND US Robert P. Wallman 11-21-12 Ps WITNESS 2-19-13 and 10-27-16

No comments:

Post a Comment