Thursday, May 26, 2022

THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME

 










THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME


TODAY-we find Jesus

CALLING his first disciples-

Peter-his brother Andrew-

AND the brothers John and James


It BEGINS with Jesus preaching

The word of God on the sea-shore


Then he gets into Peter's boat

And the fishermen catch

BOATLOADS of fish


And Jesus CATCHES four fishermen-

Who will go on to be

FISHERS of men


He gives the apostles-

THE CHANCE OF A LIFE-TIME

And they respond


“Getting into one of the boats

The ONE belonging to Simon


He asked him

To put out a short distance

From the shore


Then he sat down

And taught the crowds

From the boat”                                                                                   Luke 5:3


YES Jesus offers Peter and Andrew-

John and James-the CHANCE of a lifetime

And he gave the people on the shore

A chance of a lifetime

By LISTENING him to preach


And he OFFERS US

The chance of a life-time-

By worshiping him-by reading the bible-

And by BUILDING a personal relationship

With Jesus-and his Father


“For his anger

Lasts only a moment


But his FAVOR

Lasts a lifetime


Weeping may stay

For the night

But REJOICING comes

In the morning”                                                                                    Psalm 30:5


DEVELOP a life-long

Personal relationship with Jesus

Catch people for the KINGDOM

Of God


It was life-changing for them (the apostles)

And it is life-changing for us


Develop a personal relationship with Jesus

It is the chance

Of a lifetime


BECOME a follower of Jesus

The disciples were happy

You will be/I will be too

As a matter of fact-I am


“SURELY goodness and love

Will FOLLOW ME


All the days of my life 

And I will dwell

In the house of the Lord FOREVER”                                                          Psalm 23:6


“'COME follow me,' Jesus said,

'And I will send you out

To FISH for people'


“At once they left their nets

And followed him”                                                               Matthew 4:19-20


“Then Jesus said to his disciples,

'WHOEVER wants to be my disciples

Must deny themselves

And take up their cross

And follow me


For whoever wants

To SAVE their life 

Will lose it


But whoever loses their life 

For me-WILL FIND ME'”                                                       Matthew 16:24-25


YES!-that is what has HAPPENED

To me-

I found my life- 

In losing my life for Jesus


And that is what happened-

To Peter-and Andrew-to James and John-

And all the other disciples


And they found


THE CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME

As I did too


Robert P. Wallman

8-31-16 and 5-26-2022



Ps        INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Clair J. King


No comments:

Post a Comment