Friday, May 13, 2022

TRANSFORMED FROM THE INSIDE OUT

 










TRANSFORMED FROM

THE INSIDE OUT


Today we

CELEBRATE-possibly-probably

The greatest transformation project 

In history


The CONVERSION of Saint Paul


You know the story-how Saul

Went from a man

Who persecuted Christians


To perhaps the GREATEST EVANGELIST-

Paul-in Christian history


And it makes me think

About my own transformation-

Since I had a birthday

A few days ago


About HOW God transformed me

From a young man-

In his early 20's-

TRYING to build a life

On secular values


To a middle-aged man

Whose ALMOST every thought

Is about God


“'WHO are you Lord?' I asked”

“'I am Jesus of Nazareth,

Whom you are persecuting,' he replied”

….....

“'WHAT shall I do, Lord?' I asked”

“'Get up,' the Lord said,

'And go into Damascus

There you will be told

ALL that you have been assigned to do'”                                           Acts 22:7-10


And the rest-as they say-

IS history


Paul goes on to be-arguably-

The greatest evangelist in history

(outside of Jesus himself)


My story

Is still being written


But if God and Jesus

Can transform Paul

Through his weakness


And me-through mine

(health-money-and sexual relationships)


Just imagine

What he can do with you too


“If I must boast-

I will boast of the things

That show my weakness”                                                          2 Corinthians 11:30


“But he said to me-

'MY GRACE is sufficient 

For you


For my power

Is made perfect

In WEAKNESS'”                                                                    2 Corinthians 12:9


There is nothing

In this world-

Secular or otherwise-


That has a greater power

Over me


Than to love and SERVE GOD

Than to love and serve others


USE me Lord

TRANSFORM ME

Make me

Into anything you want me to be


“Do NOT conform

To the pattern

Of this world


But be TRANSFORMED

By the RENEWING of the mind


Then you will be able

To test and approve

What GOD'S WILL is-

His good-pleasing-and perfect will”                                                   Romans 12:2


The late great comedian-Johnny Carson-

Used to say


“WHEN you come

To the fork in the road-take it”


I have FOUND GOD

At every fork in the road

Of my life


I PRAY

That you will too


I pray 

That like Saint Paul

That like me


You will become

TRANSFORMED from the inside out


Robert P. Wallman

1-24=16 and 5-13-2022


Ps        Inspired by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Judy Schueneman




































No comments:

Post a Comment