Friday, May 12, 2023

ROCK OR SAND

 

May 12th

 

“Rock or Sand”

 

 

All my life, I have prayed that I wouldn’t have run when the other Apostles ran away

2000 years ago.  And would have went to my death with Jesus.

 

Perhaps that is why I survived all those years ago when I was given zero % chance to live.

Perhaps that is why I am still alive some 30 years later.

 

Since I couldn’t die with Jesus, I have tried to live a life based on Jesus’ teachings:

 

   1.  Love God with your whole heart, your whole soul, your whole mind, and all your strength.

 

   2.  Love your neighbor as yourself.

 

   3.  Forgive 70 X 7.

 

   4.  And live the Beatitudes.

 

I added to that 2 things that my Mother taught me:

 

    1.  Love draws a circle and pulls people in.  Hate draws a circle and pushes people out.

 

    2.   And the truth is the truth and a 1000 bands of angels can’t make a lie the truth.

 

So, have I built my life on rock or sand?  I can’t answer that.  That’s for God and others to decide.

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Robert P. Wallman            7/28/07

 

No comments:

Post a Comment