Tuesday, September 3, 2024

I HAVE WAITED A LIFETIME=FOR A FRIEND LIKE YOU

 



 

 

 

 

 

I WOULD HAVE WAITED=A LIFETIME

(For a FRIEND LIKE YOU)

 

WHEN I was young=I dreamt of that wild PASSIONATE
Love=with a woman=but it NEVER did work out=for

ONE REASON=or another

 

But as I got older=and MATURED=I dreamt of having a woman=

A FRIEND=who would LOVE ME=for who I am=I found that friend=

In you Cheryl=I would HAVE WAITED a lifetime=for a friend

Like you=COME to think of it=I DID                

 

“WAIT for the Lord=be strong and take heart=and WAIT

For the Lord”                                                                                                                                           Psalm 27:14

 

“I WAIT=for the Lord=my whole being WAITS=and in his word=

I put my hope”                                                                                                                                      Psalm 130:5

 

“For the Lord=is a God of justice=Blessed are all=who

WAIT FOR HIM”                                                                                                                                      Isaiah 30:18

 

I won’t talk about your LOOKS=I know you wouldn’t like that=

And that is NOT THE BASIS=of our friendship anyway=It is

About=WHO and what you ARE INSIDE=I WOULD HAVE WAITED=

A life time=for A FRIEND LIKE YOU=Come to think of it

I did=MY LOVE for you=is about YOUR LOVE OF GOD=and

About your love OF OTHERS

 

It is about your intuitive mind=It is about YOUR KINDNESS=your

Sympathetic nature=your compassion=being dependable and loyal=

Your sense of humor=and most of all=Your being a PERSON OF YOUR WORD=

It is about=who YOUR ARE INSIDE=It is about the MEETING of our love=

And our HEARTS=for God=for others=and for EACH OTHER

 

I would HAVE WAITED A LIFETIME=for a woman friend like you=come

To think of it=I DID

 

“Jesus said’=’Do not leave Jerusalem=BUT WAIT for the gift my Father=

PROMISED=which you have heard me speak about’”                                                                      Acts 1:4

 

“Not only so=but we ourselves=who have the first fruits of=

The Spirit=groan inwardly=as we WAIT EAGERLY=for our adoption=

To sonship=the redemption of our bodies”                                                                                    Romans 8:23

 

“……..While we WAIT for the blessed hope--------the appearing of

The glory of your Great God=and Savior Jesus Christ=

 

Who gave himself for us=to REDEEM US from all wickedness=and

To purify for himself=a people that are his very own=EAGER to

Do what is good”                                                                                                                                                Titus 2:13-14

 

I LOVE=who you are inside Cheryl=I love your LOVE OF GOD=and

The love that you have FOR OTHERS=I love the rational part=of

Your soul and mind=I love that you are=SMART AND KIND

 

I love that you are DELIBERATE=conservative=perceptive=

Studious and STRONG=I just love=that you are MY DEAR FRIEND

Cheryl!

 

You will FOREVER=have a SPECIAL PLACE in my HEART=and be

My dear friend=and sister IN CHRIST Cheryl!

 

I would=HAVE WAITED A LIFETIME=for a dear woman FRIEND like you

Cheryl=Come to think of it=I HAVE!

 

IN the names of THE HOLY FAMILY=Jesus=Mary and Joseph=and our

HOLY FATHER GOD=and his life giving SPIRIT!

 

Robert P. Wallman

8-28-2024   (12:26 am)

The day we worked=In the hall cupboard=and did the CHRISTMAS STUFF!

 

DON’T KNOW WHY Cheryl=but you INSPIRE ME TO WRITE!


No comments:

Post a Comment