Tuesday, August 20, 2019

DEEPER MEANING=YES AGAIN














DEEPER MEANING=YES AGAIN


It is over 40 years ago=now=
Since I made a deathbed PROMISE
“To LIVE for my family=for
My friends=and for ALL
PEOPLE everywhere”


There has been much physical pain=
Much spiritual pain=
And much emotional pain
DUE to relationships


But I have to tell you
That I would MAKE that SAME PROMISE
All over again


“You have granted him
His heart's desire


You refused not
The wish of his lips” Psalm 21:3


To have the TIME I
Have spent with my parents=
My sisters=my family=
My friends


Is something you could
NOT BUY for a $million=
I have been BLESSED
And rewarded
Many times over


Just the EVOLUTION
In my growth with God
Has in itself been REWARDING


“By them
Your servant is warned


In keeping them
There is GREAT REWARD” Psalm 19:11


“Whoever is kind
To the poor
Lends to the Lord


And he will REWARD them
For what they have done” Proverbs 19:17


“But I have said
'I have labored
In vain


I have spent
My strength
For NOTHING at all


Yet what is due me
Is the LORD'S HAND


And my REWARD
Is with God'” Isaiah 49:4


I said YES
To wholeheartedly serving God
And SERVING OTHERS


I had NO IDEA
What my PROMISE meant
At that time


I had no idea
The amount of PAIN
That that promise would bring


But I have to tell you
MY DESIRE to uphold my promise
Has only STRENGTHENED over time


That initial YES to od
Has taken on
Much DEEPER MEANING over time


And I have COME yo understand
How BLESSED I really am
To have all
These additional years
With God=with FAMILY=and with friends
LIFE=is a GIFT from God


“They read from
The Book of the
LAW OF GOD


Making it clear
And giving the MEANING
So that


The people understood
What was being read” Nehemiah 8:8


We all make COMMITMENTS
In life
And living out a PROMISE
Is an evolving journey


I have tried
To be FAITHFUL to the promise
And my commitment
Over the years


I would do it
ALL OVER AGAIN
No matter=the cost
It has DEEPER MEANING NOW


One thing is for SURE=
God hears our desire
And ACCOMPANIES US


And I would not have
Made it this far=without
ALL OF YOU


I LOVE YOU!=
In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
8-20-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment