Wednesday, August 21, 2019

DOING GOD'S WILL














DOING GOD'S WILL


I think most PROBABLY-
That most GOOD PEOPLE want
To DO the will of God


But-HOW do we know
What God's will is?


“To do your WILL
O my God
Is my DELIGHT........” Psalm 40:9


Today we SALUTE MARY
Who probably knows the most=
OUTSIDE of Jesus


About DOING the will of God=
She was a teenage girl
When the angel GABRIEL
Appeared to her


And she RESPONDED
With absolute trust=
“LET it be DONE to me
According to your word” Luke 1:38


How about that=
For DOING the WILL OG GOD


She knew she was
GOD'S ERVANT=as we
Should all know


Let us all respond
Like Mary
Let us all know
That we are to do
The WILL of God


“Keep your SERVANT
Also from willful sins


May they not
Rule over me
Then I will
Be Blameless


INNOCENT of great transgression” Psalm 19:13


“Whoever SERVES me
Must follow me
And where I am


My SERVANT
Also will be


My Father
Will honor
The one who SERVES ME” John 12:26


Outside of Jesus=
Our God and SAVIOR-
Has anyone ever
SERVED GOD
More than Mary?


And has anyone ever=
Outside of Jesus
Been so duly HONORED


It is up to us
To follow JESUS
To follow Mary
And DO
The will of God


And WHEN we do
The will of God
May we all feel
LIKE the psalm above


“To do your WILL
O my God
Is MY DELIGHT........” Psalm 40:9


Is there a phrase
That sums up MARY'S FAITH
Any better?


May we all SURRENDER ourselves
To God=like MARY=
And do the WIL OF GOD


“Then my soul
Will rejoice
In the Lord


And DELIGHT
In his salvation” Psalm 35:9


NONE of us are
As holy or obedient
As Mary
Was to God the Father


She is our MODEL
For doing=the WILL OF GOD
For she was FULLY HUMAN
As we all are


May we all be
GOD'S SERVANT=like Mary
And may we all be FAITHFUL


In STRIVING
To do the will of God


In the names of Jesus=and our HOLY LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-21-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson

No comments:

Post a Comment