Saturday, August 17, 2019

THE PRIMARY FOCUS=OF OUR LIVES














THE PRIMARY FOCUS=OF OUR LIVES


Jesus has TAUGHT US
Throughout his life
That loving God the Father
And loving OTHERS


Should be the PRIMARY FOCUS
Of our lives


We are running a RACE
In this world=
And IN this race
For however=many years
That it goes


LOVE needs to BE
The primary FOCUS
Of our lives


It was in Jesus' life
And his CONQUERING
Of everything in this world
Thrown at him
INCLUDING DEATH


That he set the EXAMPLE
That we NEED to live a life
FULL OF LOVE too!


“........Let us rid ourselves
Of every burden and sin
That clings to us


And persevere in
RUNNING THE RACE
That lies before us
While keeping our eyes
FIXED on Jesus........” Hebrews 12:1-2


In this life
We can only become DISTRACTED
By our own
Selfish motivations


We can become distracted
And become comfortable
And by becoming judgmental
Of others


SIN weighs us down
In our daily decisions=BOTH
Big and small


It can only INTERFERE with
Our “RACE” of love
It can interfere
With the MISSION
God has given us=
While living this life


“However=I consider
My life= worth nothing
To me


My only aim
Is to finish
The RACE


And complete the task
The Lord Jesus
Has given me--------


The task of
TESTIFYING to the good news
Of God's grace” Acts 20:24


The task of
Living my life
By LOVING GOD


With my whole heart=soul=
Mind and strength=
And the task of
LOVING MY NEIGHBOR as myself


“I presented to them
The gospel=that I preach
Among the Gentiles


I wanted to be SURE
That I was NOT RUNNING
And had NOT been running


MY RACE in vain” Galatians 2:2


Don't let yourself
Become overly selfish


Don't let yourself
BECOME a victim
Of self-absorption


Live your life=
But LOVE GOD and OTHERS FIRST


KEEP LOVE
Keep God and Jesus
The PRIMARY FOCUS
Of your life


In both WORD and deed
Be the EXAMPLE
FOR ALL OTHERS


In Jesus' name=and in the name of our FOREVER-LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-17-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Deborah A. Meister

No comments:

Post a Comment