Friday, August 9, 2019

FINDING OURSELVES=BY THE GIVING OF OURSELVES














FINDING OURSELVES=
BY THE GIVING OF OURSELVES


When I was 22=I made
A PROMISE to God=basically
To live for ALL OTHERS


My family=my friends=and
All others
I have found the MEANING
For my life=in that SIMPLE PROMISE=
To live for others=for the PURPOSE
OF GOD


“'Anyone who loves their life
Will lose it-
While anyone
Who hates their life
In this world


Will keep it
For eternal life


Whoever SERVES ME
Must follow me
And where I am
My SERVANT
Will also be


My Father will HONOR
The ONE who serves me'” John 12:25-26


BASICALLY=God is telling us
We find ourselves
By the GIVING OF OURSELVES
For others
In GOD'S NAME


I have found this
To be TRUE


And it is the 12th STEP
For the AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)
In the persons' sobriety=it is
NOT complete=until it is
SHARED WITH OTHERS


It is a PRINCIPLE that
Is TRUE for all of us
LIVING in God's kingdom


We truly FIND OURSELVES
When we live for others=
For God=and for all others


FINDING MEANING in our lives
By GIVING of ourselves


“They read from the
BOOK of the Law of God
Making it clear


And giving the MEANING
So that the people understood
What was being read” Nehemiah 8:8


Nurses-teachers-coaches=
And many others
In ALL walks of life


Have found this principle
To be true too


Jesus tells us=that when
A grain of wheat dies
And FALLS to the ground
It bears much fruit


When we die
To ourselves
WE LIVE


We live
In GIVING of our lives away
For others=
We find MEANING in giving


“But since
You excel in everything--------


In faith-in speech-
In knowledge-In complete earnestness
And in the love
We have kindled in you


See that you also excel
In this GRACE OF GIVING” 2 Corinthians 8:7


My dear FRIENDS=I hope
You have FOUND YOURSELF=in
This life=and meaning


By the GIVING OF YOURSELVES
For others


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our ever loving=EVER GIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-9-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Msgr. Stephen J. Rossetti









No comments:

Post a Comment