Wednesday, August 14, 2019

LIVE EACH MOMENT IN THE GRACE OF GOD


















LIVE EACH MOMENT
IN THE GRACE OF GOD


Have you ever wondered
How much TIME that you have
To live?


What would you do
If God told you-
You had 1 day-1 week-
One month-or one year to live?


Would you LIVE differently?
I would bet that you would


God gave me that WISDOM-
That knowledge-WHEN-I was
A very young man


And ever since-
I have tried to live each day
Like it could be my last


Life is OH SO FRAGILE-
And you just never know
How much TIME that you do have


“When Hezekiah was mortally ill
The prophet Isaiah-son of Amoz-
Came and said to him:


'Thus says the Lord:
PUT your house in order
For you are about to die'” Isaiah 38:1


Hezekiah TURNED to God in PRAYER
And his prayer was heard


Isaiah assured him
That he would have 15 more years
Of life-and he did


I have LIVED differently
SINCE making my death bed PROMISE
To God:


“To LIVE for my family-friends-and
ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE”


That is almost 40 years ago now-
And I CONTINUE to dedicate my life
To God


I continue to TRY and live
EACH MOMENT
In the GRACE of God


And dedicate my life to God
And to EACH OF YOU


“SURELY your goodness
And love


Will FOLLOW me
ALL the days
Of my life


And I will dwell
In the HOUSE of the Lord-
FOREVER” Psalm 23:6


“OUR DAYS
May come to 70 years
Or eighty
If our strength endures


Yet the best of them
Are but trouble and sorrow


For they quickly pass
And we fly away” Psalm 90:10


The point is:
OUR LIVES are finite


LIVE each moment in love
BUILD a lasting legacy
OF LOVE


Just like Jesus did
Only on a SMALLER SCALE


So what would you do
IF you found out
You had a year to live?
HOW would you LIVE?


I think I would continue
To KEEP living the way
That I have been living


KEEP LOVING GOD
And keep loving others


Saint Ignatius of Loyola, said,
“I would continue what I am
Doing at the moment”


Saint Charles Borromeo said,
“I would keep playing cards”
(For he was playing cards with the LORD)


WELL-whatever we would do-
Whatever we are doing-
It does not matter


As long as we are doing it
WITH THE LORD


OUR ordinary actions-though GRACE-
Are made HOLY


LIVE each moment-
Like it is your LAST-
And IN THE GRACE of God


And you never will
Have to worry


Robert P. Wallman
7-14-16




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Father Martin Pable, O.F.M. Cap.




8-14-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment