Friday, August 11, 2017

BUILDING THE COMMUNITY OF FAITH



















BUILDING THE COMMUNITY OF FAITH


Do you have a LOT
Of FAITH?
When you PRAY-do you
Sometimes WONDER why things
Don't change?
I do!


I think I KNOW I
Have at least-a MUSTARD SEED
Amount of faith-but why doesn't
This happen-or that happen?


“........IF you have FAITH
The size of a mustard seed-
You will say to this mountain-


'MOVE form here to there'-
And it will move” Matthew 17:20


Gee whiz! WHO has that
Amount of faith-
I can't even get what I want
In a particular day


It is EASY to get discouraged
-I don't know-maybe in
A way-Jesus is TRYING to
ENCOURAGE US


To let us know-
OUR FAITH does MAKE a difference


Maybe Jesus is TEACHING US
That no matter-how SMALL-
Our faith is


That our faith is POWERFUL
And worth nurturing-
That even if it is
Just a MOLEHILL


Our faith may be
UP to the task


“IF you do not
STAND FIRM in your faith


You will not
Stand at all” Isaiah 7:9


“By FAITH
In the NAME of Jesus


This man-whom you see
And knew
Was made STRONG


It is Jesus' name and the FAITH
That comes through him
That has COMPLETELY HEALED him


As you can all SEE” Acts 3:16


I know I was SAVED
By my faith when I was 22-and
I have LIVED to give
ANOTHER 40 years of TESTIMONY


NURTURING and strengthening
Our faith takes us all=
IT TAKES COMMUNITY


A COMMUNITY of a church-
And a community of churches
To BEGIN to make change


We need realize=we need
To bump up AGAINST other people
To BUILD UP FAITH
To CREATE and make change
In this world


Let us BUILD UP
The community of FAITH together


We need to PRAY PRIVATELY TOO
But we need to build up
The COMMUNITY OF FAITH


“There is a TIME for everything
…......
A time to tear down
And a time to BUILD” Ecclesiastes 3:3


“And I tell you
That you are Peter


And on this ROCK
I will BUILD my church


And the gates of HADES
Will NOT overcome it” Matthew 16:18


And IF WE are united together
And build up the COMMUNITY
OF FAITH


MAYBE we can do the impossible
MOVE this mountain-and-
CHANGE the world


In the NAME of Jesus OUR LORD


Robert P. Wallman
8-11-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Aileen O'Donoghue






No comments:

Post a Comment