Thursday, August 17, 2017

THE WORK OF A LIFETIME



















THE WORK OF A LIFETIME


I am SIMPLY AMAZED-
WHEN I see someone=
FORGIVE someone=right after
EXPERIENCING a loss


I have SEEN it on television
When someone has lost
Their spouse=or a child


I am SIMPLY AMAZED at this


For me-I THINK for many
Of us=FORGIVENESS=
Doesn't come that easy


It is
THE WORK OF A LIFETIME


“Peter approached Jesus
And asked him-
'Lord-if my brother
SINS against me-


HOW OFTEN must I forgive him?'” Matthew 18:21


Jesus-of course-responded-
“I tell you-NOT seven times
But seventy-seven times” Matthew 18:22


What is that you say LORD?
Yes-FORGIVENESS-as OFTEN as I
NEED to give it-is
THE WORK of a lifetime


There is a saying that goes
“FORGIVENESS is for the FORGIVER”


I totally agree-but it is
NOT that easy-and it is something
I NEED to work at


I suspect=MANY of us do


“But with you
There is FORGIVENESS


So that we can
With REVERENCE
SERVE YOU” Psalm 130:4


“This is
What is written:


The MESSIAH will suffer and
RISE from the dead
On the third day


And REPENTANCE
For the forgiveness of sins
Will be PREACHED


In his name-to the nations
BEGINNING at Jerusalem” Luke 24:46-47


I wish I could grasp=FORGIVENESS=
Like Jesus=like some people
Seem to do


It sometimes seems IMPOSSIBLE=
And sometimes=even those old wounds
FLARE UP again


It-FORGIVENESS-may seem impossible
But it is POSSIBLE with God
It is possible=with Jesus


Even if sometimes-it seems
A LONG-time in coming-
THE WORK of a lifetime


“If you can,'-said Jesus
'EVERYTHING is possible
For one who BELIEVES'” Mark 9:23


“Jesus looked at them
And said-
'With man
This is impossible-
But NOT WITH GOD


ALL THINGS are possible
With God'” Mark 10:27


So KEEP THE FAITH=my friends
It may be-the work-
OF A LIFETIME


But we can LEARN-to forgive
Just like Jesus


And remember=at ALL TIMES
Give MERCY to your
CHRISTIAN brothers and sisters


MERCY is nothing=but the
EXTENSION OF FORGIVENESS


GIVE MERCY/give FORGIVENESS
In the name of JESUS OUR LORD=
And his HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-17-17





Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jessica Mesman Grifith

No comments:

Post a Comment