Wednesday, August 2, 2017

JESUS=THE POET OF POETS



















JESUS=THE POET OF POETS


I TRY to write poetry-
BUT all of my stories=all my ideas=
COMES from that master poet himself=
Jesus Christ


Make NO MISTAKE=he is
The POET OF POETS=the MASTER
Of the parable


In the four gospels=we meet Jesus-the MASTER=
The Rabbi=and Jesus the poet=
His parables are POETRY
To the SOUL


“Then every scribe
Who has been instructed
In the Kingdom of heaven


Is LIKE the head of a household
Who BRINGS from his storeroom
BOTH the new and the old” Matthew 13:52


Jesus describes the INDESCRIBABLE
And tells us of kings=of slaves=
And of masters


And DRIVES his points home
Through beautiful stories=TOLD
In the parables


Like the BEST poems=
His PARABLES yield wonders=
And MESSAGES
That will PREVAIL until
The end of time


He IS the poems
He is a Robert Frost=an Emily Dickinson
He is ALL the poets
FOR ALL OF TIME


Jesus=the POET OF POETS


He is the author
Of ALL creation=a poet=and
A writer=a CREATOR


“I will open my mouth
With a PARABLE


I will utter things
From of old--------” Psalm 78:2


“BIND them to your fingers
WRITE them
On the tablet Of your HEART” Proverbs 7:3


“This is the COVENANT
I will establish
With the people of Israel


After that time-
Declares the Lord


I will put my laws
In their minds
And WRITE them
On their hearts


I will BE their God
And they will BE MY PEOPLE” Hebrews 8:10


Jesus=the POET
OF POETS=
The MASTER of the word
The user of the parables
To bring NEW THOUGHTS
To the world


He is OUR POET
The one who
NEVER discards tradition


The ONE who SEARCHES the familiar
Until it shines forth
With NEW MEANINGS
In a new way
To all of us


“HEAVEN and earth
Will pass away


But my WORDS
Will NEVER pass away” Matthew 24:35


Jesus the master
Of the parable=the man
With the GOLDEN TONGUE


THE POET OF POETS


And a man/GOD for all of TIME=
A man/God for all SEASONS


In the name of Jesus=OUR LORD=
And GOD=OUR HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-2-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jessica Mesman Griffith






No comments:

Post a Comment