Thursday, August 10, 2017

LOVE IS A CHOICE



















LOVE IS A CHOICE!


Loving God
Loving all OTHERS
Is a choice


And IF you can do this-
You have SATISFIED the
First two commandments


UNFORTUNATELY-no one can
Do this PERFECTLY=
Except-of course-for JESUS


“What profit would there be
For one to GAIN
The whole world
And forfeit his life?” Matthew 6:26


Life is all about GAINING and
GIVING LOVE=and living a
LIFE OF LOVE
Is always a CHOICE


And in today's gospel=
Matthew 16:24-28=
Jesus INVITES us
To MAKE that choice


CHOOSE God or choose
The things of this world


I choose to PICK
UP my cross
And FOLLOW Jesus


“Whoever WANTS to be
My disciple


Must deny themselves
And take up their CROSS
And FOLLOW ME” Matthew 16:24


I CHOOSE to follow Jesus
I choose to LOVE God
I choose to LOVE OTHERS


I FOUND my life by denying
Myself=I found my life=
By LOSING myself in God
And in Jesus


I choose to FOLLOW God
ALL the days of my life
I choose to follow Jesus


“SURELY your goodness and love
Will FOLLOW me


ALL the days
Of my life
And I will DWELL
In the house


Of the Lord forever” Psalm 23:6


“They were CASTING a net
Into the lake
For they were fishermen


'Come FOLLOW ME,' Jesus said
'And I will SEND you out
To FISH for people'” Matthew 4:18-19


I AM a 20th-21st century
FOLLOWER of Jesus
And I have been FISHING
For people=all of MY LIFE


WITH LOVE


LOVE IS A CHOICE=you can
LOVE SOMEONE with all of their flaws
Or not


But Jesus TAUGHT US
That the way to BUILD a life
IS ON ROCK


“Therefore=EVERYONE who hears
These words of mine
And PUTS them into practice


Is like a WISE MAN
Who built his house
ON ROCK” Matthew 7:24


LOVE IS A CHOICE
MY FRIENDS


THINK of the times when
You have focused PRIMARILY
On yourself


Then think of the TIMES
When your life was FOCUSED
On a LOVE RELATIONSHIP with God
That included others


WHICH brought you MORE JOY?


Exactly-LOVE is the CHOICE that
WE all need to MAKE
CHOOSE WISELY!


In the NAME of Jesus OUR LORD!


Robert P. Wallman
8-10-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth Grabner, C.S.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment