Thursday, September 9, 2021

EXPERIENCING IT ALL!

 







EXPERIENCING IT ALL!


February 6th, 1955=was

My INFANT BAPTISM=

And mom and dad's 

First anniversary


I am so THANKFUL

That I was

GIVEN ADDITIONAL YEARS

Of life=when I was

On my deathbed

When I was 22


ALL I could think of

Was the PAIN it would

CAUSE my parents=my sisters=

And my family and friends


“The child's father and mother

Were AMAZED

At what was said

ABOUT HIM”                                                                                                       Luke 2:33


The Christmas season

CONCLUDES today=

With the PRESENTATION

Of the child Jesus

In the temple


Mary and Joseph

Were NORMAL Jewish parents=

And they-

EXPERIENCED IT ALL

Through their son=Jesus


NO PARENT should ever

Have to BURY a child=

As Mary did her son=Jesus


And my parents

ALMOST did of me=

At the age of 22


Every parent wants to BELIEVE

That their child

Is something EXTRA SPECIAL


And they are 

SOMETHING SPECIAL=

That is A HUMAN LIFE


Maybe they are an athlete=

A PULITZER prize winner=

Or just a NORMAL human being

Like you and me


And every parent

Wants to hear a COMPLIMENT

About their child


EXPERIENCING IT ALL!


“For to us

A CHILD is born


To us-

A SON is given


And the government

Will be

On his shoulders”                                                                                               Isaiah 9:6


“As a mother

Comforts her CHILD


So will I

Comfort you


And you

Will be comforted

Over Jerusalem”                                                                                                         Isaiah 66:13


So just IMAGINE

How Joseph and Mary felt

When Simeon PREDICTED


That Jesus

Would be

The GLORY of Israel


And a LIGHT

To the GENTILES


Or when Anna-

Gave the warning

About Jesus=to Mary


“And a SWORD

Will pierce

Your own soul too”                                                                                                    Luke 2:35


Our parents=CANNOT KNOW

The future-

Of their children


ONLY that they will

EXPERIENCE IT ALL!=the highs

And lows of their CHILDREN


We PRAY for all families

Today=as we DEDICATE our families

To the LORD


In the name of Jesus=and our FOREVER LIVING and LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

2-1-20


Ps         THIS POEM id dedicated today=to a friend=who just LOST A SON



INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson    



9-09-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment