Thursday, September 23, 2021

HONESTY AND TRUTH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HONESTY AND TRUTH

 

 

Did you know

Than one of the two things

That it is IMPOSSIBLE for GOD to do

Is to lie

 

I wish

I could say that that was true

For some of the human beings

That I have known

In my life

 

“Men swear

By someone greater than themselves

And the OATH CONFIRMS

What is said

And puts an end

To all argument

 

Because God wanted to make

The UNCHANGING NATURE of his purpose very clear

To the heirs of which was promised

He confirmed it with an oath

 

God did this so that

By TWO unchangeable things

In which it is IMPOSSIBLE

FOR GOD TO LIE

 

We who have fled

To take HOLD

Of the HOPE

Offered to us

MAY be greatly encouraged”                                              Hebrews 6:16-18

 

SO GOD CAN’T LIE

So IF someone is lying

To you

You KNOW

It is NOT coming from God

 

“I PROMISE to tell the truth

The whole truth

And nothing but the truth”

 

Our courtroom oath

 

And what about our marriage vows

 

“I, (John/Jane), take you, (John/Jane), to be my (husband/wife), to have

And to hold, from this day on, for better or worse, for richer-for poorer,

In sickness and in health,

TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH

UNTIL death do us part”

 

I KNOW people

Lie on the witness stand

And our divorce rates

CONTINUE to hover around 50%

I have to wonder

IF anyone

Takes anything they say seriously

 

I KNOW

God DESIRES honesty and truth

After all

Our God cannot

And would not lie

 

GOD DESIRES HONESTY

 

Psalm 105 tells us:

 

“He whose walk is blameless

And who does what is righteous

Who speaks the truth from his heart

Has no slander on his tongue

And does his neighbor NO WRONG

And casts no slur

On his fellowman”                                                           Psalm 15:2-3

 

And Proverbs 12 says:

 

“A truthful witness

GIVES honest testimony

But a false witness tells lies”                                             Proverbs 12:17

 

TRUTHFUL LIPS last forever

But a lying tongue

LASTS only a moment”                                                   Proverbs 12:19

 

I know the words

I spoke on my deathbed

When I was 22-was a vow to God

And I know

While I can never live up to them

At least-I can always try

 

“FINALLY brothers

Whatever is true

Whatever is noble

Whatever is right

Whatever is pure

Whatever is lovely

Whatever is admirable

 

IF anything is excellent

Or praiseworthy

THINK about such things

 

Whatever

You have learned

Or received or heard from me

Or seen in me

 

PUT INTO PRACTICE

And the God of peace

Will be with you”                                                           Philippians 4:8-9

 

May ALL your words

BE TRUE

 

Robert P. Wallman

7-22-13

 

 

Ps       9-21-14 and 9-23-2021

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment