Thursday, February 10, 2022

AN ANGEL OF MERCY

 

July 4th

 

“An Angel of Mercy”

 

 

After my first surgery, when I had the gangrene, the peritonitis, and a 108 degree temperature,

There was a beautiful young nurse-to-be helping to take care of me.  She had long brown

Hair, she was beautiful, and just a couple of months from being an actual nurse.

 

Her name was Linda Mc…., and she was kind.  When she had free time, she would come in,

Sit by me, and hold my hand.  We would watch tennis together.  I will never forget the crush

She had on the tennis player Bjorn Borg.

 

When I was doing better for a few months following my surgery, I stopped down the

Hospital once to see her.  I also tried to call her a couple of times.  I never did see or speak

To her again.  Wherever you are, Linda Mc…., thank you.  This one is for you.

 

 

Respectfully,

 

 

Robert P. Wallman        7/20/07

 

No comments:

Post a Comment