Saturday, February 26, 2022

I OWED GOD ONE!

 

February 26th

 

“I OWED GOD ONE”

 

 

Many years ago, in a hospitalization that began on my 22nd birthday, I had gangrene, peritonitis,

Blood poisoning, and a host of other things.  I had emergency surgery and was given zero%

Chance to live.  I had the last rights and went unconscious.  Two weeks later I woke up alive.

 

What I didn’t know was that my Uncle John was outside punching the walls and praying.  What

I didn’t know was that my Dad was praying, “He’s just a young man.  He has his whole life in front

Of him.  I wish God would take me.”

 

My Grandfather, Carl Wallman, who was 72 years old and in fair health was praying the same

Words as my Father.  The day that I left St. John’s Hospital and went to my Aunt’s to recuperate,

My Grandfather had a stroke and went into the same hospital.  My Grandfather died February 26th, 1977.

 

I have lived my whole life with a chronic illness and in severe chronic pain.  I always wanted to meet a

Woman and have my own family.  It never did really happen for me.  My health, and my finances do

To health, were a factor.

 

Many years later, in a different city, I met a woman who I was immediately attracted to.  I will call her

Jennifer for the purposes of this story.

 

Jennifer was a petite woman of not more than 100 pounds.  Jennifer took an immediate dislike to me-

Though I couldn’t imagine why.  I knew I didn’t say or do anything.  Jennifer had the 3 most beautiful

Girls you could ever imagine--about 8, 10, and 14 years old.  They were a beautiful family of Hispanic

Origin.  It turned out there was some sexual abuse in the family.

 

After years of trying, if not making a friend, I was at least accepted by Jennifer and got a card signed by

Jennifer and her 3 girls that read:

 

       “WE will keep in touch with you and remember you are in our thoughts and hearts as well as God’s.”

 

While it will never be the kind of love I envisioned as a young man, I will always love this woman

And her 3 girls with a “A Spiritual Kind Of Love.”

 

Jennifer’s birthday was February 26th.  I guess you could say “I Owed God One.”

 

 

 

 

 

Robert P. Wallman

February 14th, 2007

 

Ps               Happy Birthday Jennifer—God Loves You!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment