Tuesday, March 16, 2021

HONORING SAINT PATRICK!

 







HONORING SAINT PATRICK!


Today we HONOR Saint Patrick=

A fifth-century bishop=

And a former slave


He was FAMOUS for driving

The snakes out of Ireland=

And for being A MISSIONARY

And freeing his people


“Sing out-O heavens

And rejoice=O earth


Break forth into song-

You mountains=

For the Lord

COMFORTS his people


And shows mercy

To his afflicted” Isaiah 49:13


I always wanted to

GO TO IRELAND=but I never

Got the chance


I am one-half Irish=and my ancestors

Came from Ireland=

Can't say

That I am too fond of snakes-though


During Saint Patrick's

SIX YEARS of slavery=

He became a

MAN OF GOD


On this period=he wrote

“Every day

I had to tend sheep


And many times=a day

I prayed........

I used to get up

For prayer-before daylight


Through snow

Through rain

And I felt no harm


And there was NO SLOTH

In me----as I now see


Because the spirit within me

Was then fervent”

HONORING SAINT PATRICK!


In his 30 years

Of labor=

Mostly in the west

And north=

He and his co-workers

CONVERTED IRELAND


HONORING Saint Patrick=

Honoring the land=of the green


“You have made them

A little lower

Than the angels


And crowned them

With glory and HONOR” Psalm 8:5


“Wisdom's instruction

Is to fear

The Lord


And humility

Comes before HONOR” Proverbs 15:33


Saint Patrick REFUSED

To accept gifts=

And he combined HUMILITY

With a sense of mission


Like Saint Paul-

He DEFENDED himself

Against false charges


And he was an ENTHUSIASTIC

Promoter of consecrated virginity


He is BELOVED=

Because he OFFERED GOD'S MERCY

To free people

From what afflicted them


And so today=

ON SAINT PATRICK'S DAY=

Let us HONOR Saint Patrick=

Ireland=and the land

Of the green


In the name of Jesus=and HOLY FATHER GOD=on behalf of ALL the Saints


Robert P. Wallman

3-14-2021


No comments:

Post a Comment