Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN

 







WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN


God the Father

Always sent the JEWISH PEOPLE=

His chosen people

Messages for their OWN GOOD


But their POOR CHOICES

Led to HEARTBREAKING CONSEQUENCES=

But before=we start

Pointing any fingers


I have to tell you=

I don't think=WE the

Christian people=are any better today


MORE and more people

Are TURNING their backs

On God=less and less people

Are FOLLOWING

The Lord Jesus=and

His commandments OF LOVE


“LISTEN to my voice=

Then I will be=YOUR GOD

And you shall be-my people


Walk exactly in the way

I command you-

So that you may prosper


But they did NOT LISTEN

To me=

Nor did they pat attention” Jeremiah 7:23-24


I know=that too often

That has described me

I do not often listen IMMEDIATELY=

We just-

DON'T WANT TO LISTEN!


God asks me=

To do certain things=

But am I

Actually doing it=

Sometimes I am SLOW
TO LISTEN to God and Jesus


“Now choose life

So that you-

And your children may live


And that you

May love

The Lord your God


LISTEN to his voice

And hold fast

To him” Deuteronomy 30:20


“Let the wise LISTEN

And add=to their learning


And let the discerning

Get guidance--------” Proverbs 1:5


We should ALL try to

PRACTICE active listening=

We should all

Make a special effort

To HEAR what

Is being communicated=

Especially by GOD AND JESUS


We should practice LOVE=

Forgiveness=kindness=and MERCY

Especially to our brothers

And sisters in Christ=

We should try to

LIVE the ten commandments=

But so many of us

Just DON'T WANT TO LISTEN!

WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN!


“The way of fools

Seems right to them=

But the wise

LISTEN to advice” Proverbs 12:15


We have to MAKE

A concentrated effort

To listen to God


We have to make a REAL EFFORT-

To listen to God and Jesus

To LISTEN to God and Jesus


And live out of love-

MERCY-kindness=

And LIVE THE BEATITUDES


We may not want to=

But we HAVE TO LISTEN

To the HOLY GOD ABOVE


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman

3-9-2021



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Pat Gohn


No comments:

Post a Comment