Saturday, March 20, 2021

WHEN DOUBT THREATENS OUR FAITH

 










WHEN DOUBT THREATENS OUR FAITH


I think we ALL

Go though periods of time

In our lives

WHEN we QUESTION our FAITH


NO MATTER how much faith

That we have=I think

EVEN Jesus did


“When his relatives=heard of this

They set out

To SEIZE him

And they said=


'He is OUT of his mind'” Mark 3:21


I WONDER how Jesus felt

When his FAMILY=

Reacted this way


I wonder IF even Jesus DOUBTED

When those he was

CLOSEST to=even doubted him


THIS sounds like a MODERN

DAY REACTION of a family member

To an ITINERANT PREACHER


To have SOMEONE strike out

On their own=PREACHING a

Completely NEW RELIGION


ANY family member

Would have their DOUBTS


But Jesus CONTINUED to

Move FORWARD in FAITH


It is my GUESS that even

The HUMAN SIDE of Jesus

EXPERIENCED some doubts


“Jesus replied, 'TRULY I tell you

If you have FAITH

And do not doubt


NOT only can you do

What was done

To the fig tree


But also

You can SAY to this mountain


'Go throw yourself

Into the sea'

And it will be DONE” Matthew 21:21


“He said to them=

'WHY are you troubled

And why do doubts

RISE in your minds?


LOOK at my hands and my feet

It is I myself!


TOUCH me and see=

A ghost= does NOT have

Flesh and bone

As you see I have'” Luke 24:38-39


“BE MERCIFUL to those

Who doubt=save others

By SNATCHING them

From the fire” Jude :22-23


WHEN our doubts

THREATEN our faith=we NEED to

STILL keep moving forward


Even Jesus=in his moments

Of humanity=must have had TEMPTATION

And with temptation

Comes DOUBT


But NO ONE=this world

Has ever seen=had more faith

Than Jesus


So I am SURE

He UNDERSTANDS=all too well

When our doubts

THREATEN our faith


“Then he touched their eyes

And said:

'According to your FAITH-let it

BE DONE to you'

And their sight was RESTORED” Matthew 9:29-30


We ALL have QUESTIONS

About our FAITH=but Jesus IS
THE ANSWER


KEEP moving forward in FAITH


Robert P. Wallman

1-19-18



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVIING FAITH MAGAZINE by Aileen O'DONOGHUE



No comments:

Post a Comment